Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

William Gibton, son of William Gibton of Mack, William & Gibton, cabinetmakers, of Dublin, appears to have trained as an architect but never to have practised as such, apart from making designs for the reredos and chancel rails at the Mariners' Church, Dun Laoghaire. He graduated BA from Trinity College, Dublin, in 1846. He appears as an Associate in the list of members in the RIAI's annual report for 1850. He married Adelaide White in 1861 and had three sons and three daughters. He died in 1895 and was buried in Deansgrange cemetery.