NAYLOR, JOHN REGINALD #
- Born: 1854 Died: 1923
Architect, of Derby, England, for whom see Directory of British Architects 1834-1914 (RIBA 2001), II, 244, and Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naylor_and_Sale (last visited, Feb 2019). With his partner, George Hanson Sale, he designed a number of cinemas throughout Britain for Provincial Cinematoghraph Theatres, Ltd. He was the architect of the Dublin Cinematograph Theatre, which opened in O'Connell Street in 1910,(1) and, with Sale, of the Belfast Picture House which opened the following year.(2)
(1) Irish Times, 8 Apr 1910.
(2) IB 53, 24 Jun 1911, 426.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for NAYLOR, JOHN REGINALD #
Sort by date | Sort alphabetically
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, O'CONNELL STREET LOWER, NO. 051 (DUBLIN CINEMATOGRAPH THREATRE)|
|Nature:||New cinema, for Provincial Cinematograph Theatres, Ltd, opened 9 April 1910.
Irish Times, 8 Apr 1910; Cinema Treasures, http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/56099 (last visited, Feb 2019).
|Building:||CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, ROYAL AVENUE, NO. 034-44 (BELFAST PICTURE HOUSE)|
|Nature:||New cinema for Provincial Cinematograph Theatres, Ltd, within Garfield Chambers. Opened 11 Jun 1911. Architects: 'Nayler & Gale'. Contractor: McLaughlin & Harvey.|
IB 53, 24 Jun 1911, 426; Marcus Patton, Central Belfast: an historical gazetteer (UAHS, 1993), 288; Cinema Treasures, http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/26747 (last visited, Feb 2019).