- Born: 1767c Died: 1805?
Builder, of Blackrock, Co. Dublin, active in the 1790s. Randal, Randall or Randle(1) Myers, the fifth son of CHRISTOPHER MYERS was born circa 1759.(2) He married Elinor Daly in St Mary's Church of Ireland church in Dublin, on 8 November 1784.(3) He was living in Monkstown, Co. Dublin, in 1791(4) and was established as a builder in Blackrock by 1794.(5) He may be the person of the same name who at Michaelmas 1798 was admitted a freeman of the City of Dublin, as a member of the Guild of Carpenters.(6) The will of Randle Myers, Brigade Major of the Co. Wicklow militia, was proved in the Prerogative Court in 1805.(7)
(1) This forename occurs frequently in the family of the Earls of Antrim. The son and heir of Christopher Myers's early patron, Alexander, 5th Earl of Antrim, was named Randal William.
(2) Memorial of an indented release, 3 Jun 1780, in Registry of Deeds 336/91/223915 (information from Kenneth Severens).
(3) www.familysearch.org.3)Registry of Deeds 4442/216/286682 (information from Kenneth Severens).
(4) Information from Kenneth Severens.
(5) 'An alphabetical list of the Freemen of the City of Dublin, 1774-1824', The Irish Ancestor XV (1983), Nos. 1 & 2, 86.
(6) Arthur Vicars, Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810 (1897), 344.