MURPHY, MARIUS LOUIS
- Born: - Died: -
Architect and 'CE', of Dublin. According to his 1911 census return, Marius Murphy was born in Dublin in 1857 or 1858. In 1885 he entered a competition for designs for artisans' dwellings sponsored by the Earl of Pembroke, and his design was published in the Irish Builder for 15 January 1886.(1) At the time of the 1911 census he had been married for twenty-seven years to his wife, Beatrice, and had two children. In the census return, he describes both himself and his twenty-two year old son, John Murphy, as 'Architect'. He could possibly be the same person as M.L. MURPHY of Bray.
Address: 29 St Alban's Road, Dublin, 1886; 8 Ovoca Road, Dublin, <=1900->=1922.(2)
Information in this entry is from the 1911 census of Ireland, http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ (last visited Nov 2009) and from Thom's and Post Office directories..
(1) IB 28, 15 Jan 1886, 29, illus. in supplement.
(2) These premises were formerly occupied by J. Ingram Murphy, cook and confectioner,
1 work entries listed in chronological order for MURPHY, MARIUS LOUIS
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, CAMDEN STREET LOWER, NO. 028|
|Nature:||Works at same? for William McDowell.|
|Refs:||IAA, PKS B21/61|