Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Land surveyor employed on the Baronscourt estate in 1806.(1) He may have been related to the several other surveyors of the same surname who were active in the north-west of Ireland in the first two quarters of the nineteenth century, namely Gabriel, Hugh, John, Robert and William.(2) The last worked on the Abercorn estates in the 1830s.(3)


(1) John H. Gebbie, An Introduction to the Abercorn Letters (Omagh, 1972), 233.
(2) For these, see Sarah Bendall, ed., Dictionary of Land Surveyors and Local Map-Makers of Great Britain and Ireland 1530-1850 (2nd edition, 1997),II, 358-359, and J.H. Andrews, Plantation Acres (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1985), 143,264,352,358.