Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of 8 Peter Street, Dublin. Listed as such in the Post Office Annual Directory for 1832. In Wilson's Dublin Directory for the years 1825-31 however he is described as 'stone carver'. An Edward May was admitted to the Royal Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 27 January 1825. Also admitted to the school were Charles and Joseph May, 2 February 1792, Thomas May, 28 March 1822 and Patrick May, 12 June 1823.(1)


(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).