Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter and builder, of Dublin, active in the 1830s and 1840s. He disappears from the directories between 1847 and 1853.  He may be the James Mathews who tendered for the erection of a double cottage at Lough Rynn, Co. Leitrim, in 1842.(1)

Addresses:(2) 15 Lower Camden Street., <=1835->=1839; 8 Old Mountpleasant, 1844; 5 Artillery Place, Upper Mountpleasant Avenue, 1847.


(1) A.P.W. Malcomson, The Clements Archive (Dublin: Irish Manuscripts Commission, 2010), 653.
(2) From Wilson's Dublin Directory, the Post Office Annual Directory and Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac.