Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect with the Office of Public Works from 1926 or earlier. Joseph Parnell Martin may have been a son of THOMAS MARTIN [2]  THOMAS MARTIN [2] and elder brother of FRANCIS CHARLES MARTIN. FRANCIS CHARLES MARTIN. (1).

RIAI: elected member, 1924;(2) ceased membership 1955 or 1956.

Addresses: Office of Public Works, Dublin, 1926; Glebe Side, Killarney, Co. Kerry, 1928; River View, Glenbrook, Cork, 1935->=1940; Ballinderry House, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, 1948-49; Rosewell, Templerainey, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, 1950-1955.


All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from RIAI lists of members.

(1) Thomas Martin and J. Parnell Martin, proposed F.C. Martin for studentship of the RIAI on 3 Nov 1924 (transcript by Jones from RIAI archives).
(2) JRIAI (1925), 6.