MARK, THOMAS *
- Born: - Died: -
Builder, of Francis Street, Limerick, active from the 1760s to the 1780s. Thomas Mark, who was a Quaker, was a Freeman of Limerick by 1761. In 1768 he invested £250 in the Shannon Navigation. He was contractor for the building of the Custom House and Quay, Limerick, in 1770 and later, in 1783, for a building on the south wall of the Custom House yard.(1) Curiously the only Thomas Mark to be listed in John Ferrar's Directory of Limerick (1769) is described as a china, glass and earthenware merchant.
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from Judith Hill, The Building of Limerick (1991), 110.
(1) NA/PRO (Kew) Cust.1.113,118,167 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).
1 work entries listed in chronological order for MARK, THOMAS *
|Building:||CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, CUSTOM HOUSE QUAY, CUSTOM HOUSE|
|Nature:||TM contractor for Custom House and in 1783 erected building on S wall of Custom House yard.|
|Refs:||E.McP files, citing NA/PRO Cust.1.118,167|