Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter and builder, of Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory for 1835 with an address at 13 Wood Street, and for 1836 and 1837 with an address at 26 Peter Street. He continues at the latter address until at least 1847 but has disappeared from the directories by 1853. A 'P. Madden' was admitted to the Royal Dublin Society's School of Architectural Drawing on 25 April 1822, a James Madden on 16 March 1826 and a Henry Madden on 28 June 1827.(1)


(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).