LENEHAN, DENIS *
- Born: - Died: -
Builder, of 63 Queen Street, Dublin, listed as such (the name is sometimes spelt 'Linehan' or 'Lineham') in Wilson's Dublin Directory from 1818 to 1835 and as 'Dennis Linehan' in Pigot & Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824). Lenehan was contracted to carry out masonry and bricklaying work at the Pro-Cathedral, Marlborough Street, Dublin.(1) He was described by his fellow-tradesmen in April 1834 as being 'exclusively a bricklayer' and 'in good circumstances'.(2)
(1) N. Donnelly, Short histories of Dublin Parishes III, 91.
(2) Royal Irish Academy, Haliday MS 4B 31; this manuscript is a copy of a report presented to Daniel O'Connell in 1834 to support the argument for repealing the Act of Union by describing the catastrophic impact the Act had had on the tradesmen of Dublin.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for LENEHAN, DENIS *
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MARLBOROUGH STREET, ST MARY'S PRO-CATHEDRAL (RC)|
|Nature:||DL had specific contract fo masonry and bricklaying; 'later' bricklayer's work by 'Lenahan' measured by Bolger, 31 Jul 1821.|
NA/PRO Bolger MSS, 1A/58/128; N. Donnelly, Short histories of Dublin Parishes (1905), Part 12, Section 1, 91