JONES & WILLIS *#
- Born: - Died: -
Ornamental metalworkers, church furnishers and - from circa 1880 - stained glass manufacturers, of Birmingham, London and Liverpool. The business, originally Newton, Jones & Willis, was active from the 1840s until the 1930s. and became one of the largest church furnishers in Britain,
See WORKS, for Irish work only.
Information from Stained Glass in Wales, http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/person/210 (last visited, Apr 2014).
13 work entries listed in chronological order for JONES & WILLIS *#
|Building:||CO. TYRONE, FIVEMILETOWN, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)|
|Nature:||New lectern installed in memory of Mrs Abbott, wife of vicar.
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, 209, 23 Sep 1876, 285
|Building:||CO. CLARE, KILMACDUAGH, CATHEDRAL OF ST COLMAN (CI)|
|Nature:||Pulpit, prayer-desk, altar table and rails, lectern, standards, pulpit lights and corona|
|Refs:||IB 20, 15 Jan 1878, 29; Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 20, no. 227, 1 Feb 1878, 49.|
|Building:||CO. ANTRIM, GLENARM, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI, TICKMACREVAN PARISH)|
|Nature:||Lady Antrim presents church with eagle lectern by J. & W.
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 20, no. 235, 1 Oct 1878, 285.
|Building:||CO. CORK, CORK, SHANAKIEL ROAD, CHURCH OF ST MARY SHANDON (CI)|
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 22, no. 11, 13 Mar 1880, 222.
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, STRADONE, CHURCH (CI, LARAGH PARISH)|
|Nature:||Brass plaque in memory of Robert Burrowes (d.1881).
Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 536
|Building:||CO. CORK, MAGOURNEY, CHURCH (CI)|
|Refs:||B 48, ? Apr 1885, 532.|
|Building:||CO. CORK, SPIKE ISLAND, GARRISON CHAPEL (CI)|
|Nature:||New pulpit, pitch pine seats and Caen stone font.|
|Refs:||IB 29, 1 Apr 1887, 104|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, KILDARE STREET, NATIONAL LIBRARY|
Irish Times, 30 Aug 1890.
|Building:||CO. ANTRIM, LISBURN, CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL (CI, BLARIS & LISNAGARVEY PARISHES)|
|Nature:||Oak bishop's throne in late Decorated style|
|Refs:||IB 35, 15 Nov 1893, 97|
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, MIDDLETOWN, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI, TYNAN PARISH)|
|Nature:||E window (Sermon on the Mount) in memory of Hugh Harris of Ashfort,1905.
Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3420/ (last visited, Apr 2014).
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, BILLIS, CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW (CI)|
|Nature:||3-light E window (I am the Resurrection), 1906, attr. to J & W by David Lawrence.
Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3059/ (last visited, Apr 2014).
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, KILLINAGH, CHURCH (CI)|
|Nature:||Stained glass lancets in nave (Good Shepherd, Resurrection) for Alexander family.
Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3091/ (last visited, Apr 2014).
|Building:||CO. MONAGHAN, BALLYBAY, CHRIST CHURCH (CI)|
|Nature:||E window (Psalm 23) in memory of William Mills of Hilden, 1930. Window in S transept (Angel and Women at the Tomb) in memory of Mary, wife of William Mills of Hilden, 1931p.
Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3268/ (last visited, Apr 2014).