Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of Dublin, listed as 'architect' in Wilson's Dublin Directory, with an address at 20 Upper Fitzwilliam Street in 1830-31 and 8 Harrington Street in 1832-34.   He is presumably the James Henry of Harrington Street who was the principal contractor for the erection of the shell of Crom Castle, Co. Fermanagh, in 1832-1834.   He fell out with his employer, the Hon. John Creighton, over a claim for payment of £2,087.16s.11d.for extra work,(1) and was subsequently replaced by Charles MacGibbon of Edinburgh.(2)


(1) Copy statement of case with counsel's opinion in dispute with Mr Henry concerning building of Crum Castle. John Creighton Esq., 18 Sep 1834, in PRONI, Erne Papers, D1939/16/1A/10 (see PRONI e-catalogue). 
(2) Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds., Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 4: Parishes of Co. Fermanagh 1834-5 (1990), 91.