HENDERSON, JOHN 
- Born: - Died: -
Carpenter, builder, timber merchant and saw-mill owner, of Townsend Street and Donnybrook, Dublin, active from the 1830s until the 1870s. John Henderson appears as a carpenter and builder at 108 Townsend Street in Wilson's Dublin Directory for the years 1831-32 and 1835-37. His address is given as 109 Townsend Street in the Post Office Dublin Directory for 1839. Subsequent directories indicate an expanding business. By 1841 he had moved to 148 and 149 Townsend Street, and by 1853 his description has changed to 'builder, timber and slate stores'. By 1857 his premises occupied Nos. 149, 150 and 151 Townsend Street and by 1863 he was also manufacturing 'chip box' in Donnybrook. Eventually he moved to Donnybrook - he is described in the 1874 and 1875 directories as 'saw mills and chip box manufacturer' at Millmount House, Floraville Road, Donnybrook - but he has disappeared from the directories by 1883.