HAMILTON, THOMAS T. 
- Born: 1842/43 Died: -
Architect, of Galway. Thomas Hamilton, who, according to the 1911 census of Ireland, was born in Guernsey in 1842 or 1843 and married a girl from Jersey in 1869 or 1870, was active in the west of Ireland from the 1880s or earlier until 1916 or later. Nothing is known of his early career, but he was living in Ireland by the time his daughter Marion - one of eight children - was born in Co. Mayo in 1885 or 1886. He may be the Thomas Hamilton who was clerk of works to JAMES FRANKLIN FULLER at Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo, in 1879-1880(1) and at Kylemore Castle, Co. Galway, in 1884.(2) He was living in Galway by the time his son, Alan, was born in 1887 or 1888.(3) The last reference to him in the Irish Builder is as architect for the reconstruction of premises in Williamsgate Street, Galway, in February 1916.(4)
Addresses: Mill Street, Galway, 1894; 7 University Road, Galway, before 1910;(4) 47 College Road, Galway, 1911.
(1) IAA, PKS B09/03.
(2) IAA, PKS B12/05.
(3) His second son, Arthur, died in Durban, South Africa, on 2 Jul 1902 (Irish Times, 30 Jul 1902.
(4) IB 58, 26 Feb 1916, 103.
(4) A.C. Freeman, ed., The Architect's & Surveyor's Directory & Referendum (1910), 186.
8 work entries listed in chronological order for HAMILTON, THOMAS T. 
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, OUGHTERARD, DISPENSARIES & RESIDENCES|
|Nature:||To be built. Architect: 'T.T. Hamilton'.|
|Refs:||Architect 47, 22 Apr 1892, supplement p.9|
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, BALLYNAHINCH CASTLE|
|Nature:||New farm buildings, lodge &c. to be erected for Richard Berridge, Esq. Tenders invited, Aug-Sep 1894.
Irish Times, 11,13-17 Aug,1 Sep 1894; IB 36, 15 Aug 1894, 183.
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, ANNAGHDOWN, CHURCH OF ST BRENDAN (RC)|
|Nature:||New church. Gothic. 4-bay hall with sacristy at SE corner and bellcote on W gable. Started early 1900. Dedicated, 12 Jul 1903. Contractor: Nee, Roundstone.
'St Brendan's Church by the Lake', https://www.irelandxo.com/ireland/galway/annaghdown-galway/history-and-genealogy/buildings-database/st-brendans-church-lake (last visited, Jan 2018).
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, CASHEL, CHURCH OF ST JAMES (RC)|
|Nature:||Dedicated 1901. High altar designed by C.J. Taylor, Dublin.|
|Refs:||B 81, 24 Aug 1901, 177; IB 53, 29 Aug 1901, 844|
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, CLADDAGHDUFF, CHURCH OF THE STAR OF THE SEA (RC)|
|Nature:||Dedicated 7 Sep 1902. Architect: 'Mr Hamilton, Galway'|
|Refs:||B 83, 13 Sep 1902, 235|
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, GLENAMADDY, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)|
|Nature:||Gothic. FS laid early 1904.|
|Refs:||B 86, 26 Mar 1904, ?; IB 46, 9 Apr 1904, 222|
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, LOUGHREA, BUSINESS PREMISES|
|Nature:||New. Designed by 'Thomas Hamilton, Galway'.|
|Refs:||IB 56, 21 Nov 1914, 646|
|Building:||CO. GALWAY, GALWAY, WILLIAMSGATE STREET, PREMISES|
|Nature:||Reconstruction. Architect: 'T.F. Hamilton'.|
|Refs:||IB 58, 26 Feb 1916, 103|