BARKER, EDWARD *
- Born: - Died: -
Builder and contractor, of Abbey Street, Dublin, in partnership with JAMES BARKER in the 1840s and 1850s. Initially Edward and James Barker are described as 'carpenters and builders, looking glass and picture frame makers', but later they seemed to have concentrated entirely on the building side of the business. An advertisement which they placed in the first number of the Dublin Builder in January 1859 describes them as 'Contractors to the War Department , and Ecclesiastical Commissioners'. By 1863 their business had been taken over by EDWARD OLIVER BARKER.
J. & E. Barker of 32 Upper Abbey Street exhibited exhibited their design for a roof for the small tower of the new church at Lisnaskea, Co. Fermanagh, 'with weather vane and lightning conductor on a new plan' at the Dublin Great Industrial Exhibition of 1853.(5)
Addresses: 31 Upper Abbey Street, 1844; 32 Upper Abbey Street, <=1847->=1858.
All information in this entry is from Pettigrew & Oulton's, Post Office and Thom's directories.