BRIDGER, JAMES #
- Born: - Died: 1837
Surveyor, of London. ,James Bridger was carpenter to the Drapers' Company until 1818 when he was elected warden. He was actively engaged in the development of Moneymore in the 1820s and appears to have contributed as well to the design of the Presbyterian Church at Banagher on the Fishmongers' estate in 1822 and to that of the Sessions House and other buildings at Muff (alias Eglinton) on the Grocers' estate circa 1825. He was the father of GEORGE BRIDGER.
See WORKS, for Irish work only.
All information in this entry is from J. Stevens Curl, The Londonderry Plantation 1609-1914 Chichester, 1986), 162,164-5,168,182,193,205,257-8,262.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for BRIDGER, JAMES #
|Building:||CO. DERRY, EGLINTON, SESSIONS & MARKET HOUSE|
|Nature:||M.A. Nicholson's designs for same probably modified by JB.(Curl suggests Richard Sutor possibly also involved on basis of similarity of arcaded elevations to those at Banagher church.)|
|Refs:||All information in this entry is from J. Stevens Curl, The Londonderry Plantation 1609-1914 Chichester, 1986), 164-5|
|Building:||CO. DERRY, BANAGHER, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH|
|Nature:||Designed by R. Suter with JB. For Fishmongers' Company.|
|Refs:||J. Stevens Curl, The Londonderry Plantation 1609-1914 Chichester, 1986), 164,pl.176|