Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of Limerick, active from the 1760s to the 1780s. Henry Denmead, son of Henry Denmead, was born in Limerick on 11 January 1744. He died on 3 April 1788; his will was proved in the Prerogative Court the following year.(1) He had married Mary Conway on 25 Jun 1775 and had a son, John, who emigrated to Baltimore, Maryland. He was responsible for the 're-edification' of the Exchange in Limerick City, 1777-1778.(2)



All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from www.familysearch.org.

(1) Arthur Vicars, Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810 (1897), 130.
(2) J. Ferrar, History of Limerick (1786), ?; also J. McGregor, History of Limerick (1826), ?, and APSD, V, L, 92.

1 work entries listed in chronological order for DENMEAD, HENRY

Sort by date | Sort alphabetically

Date: 1777-78
Nature: 'Re-edification' with hewn stone front, 7 Tuscan columns & balustrade and council chamber.FS laid 25 Jun 1777.
Refs: J. Ferrar, History of Limerick (1786), ?(illus.); also Patrick Fitzgerald & John James McGregor, The history, topography, and antiquities, of the county and city of Limerick (Dublin, 1826-7), II, 579-80; M. Lenihan, Limerick; its history and antiquities (1866), 365; APSD, V, L, 92. Photograph of building in JRSAI 24 (1894), facing p.386.