CONOLLY, WILLIAM, & SON *
- Born: - Died: -
Building contractors of Upper Dominick St, Dublin, and Fernville, Glasnevin, who were active in the latter half of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century. William Conolly ran the business with his elder son James from the 1860s onwards, and died in 1891, followed by James in 1897. The business was then carried on by William Conolly's younger son Thomas, under whom it gradually declined. Thomas Conolly was a Justice of the Peace for Co. Dublin, and, like James, a prominent members of the Dublin Master Builders' Association.(1) He appears to have been the father of WILLIAM CONOLLY .
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for was kindly supplied by John McQuaid in e-mail to editor,16 Jun 2009.
(1) Building News 74, 21 Jan 1898, 90.
4 work entries listed in chronological order for CONOLLY, WILLIAM, & SON *
|Building:||CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, TOWN HALL & MARKET|
|Nature:||Architect: W. Hague|
|Refs:||IB 26, 15 Dec 1884, 377; 28, 1 Apr 1886, 106|
|Building:||CO. MONAGHAN, MONAGHAN, DISTRICT LUNATIC ASYLUM|
|Nature:||Sanitary annexe. Architect: William Hague.|
|Refs:||IB 28, 15 Feb 1886, 60; IAA, PKS B14/05, A07 (Dec 1887)|
|Building:||CO. KILDARE, MAYNOOTH, ST PATRICK'S COLLEGE|
|Nature:||WC & Son contractors for chapel works, circa 1890, and for chapel tower, circa 1901. Architect: W. Hague|
|Refs:||Clonliffe College Archive, MS p 352/1; IB 43, 1 Jan 1901, 592|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, BLACKROCK, SION HILL, ST CATHERINE'S DOMINICAN CONVENT|
|Nature:||Additions. Architect: J.L. Robinson|
|Refs:||IAA, PKS 0732, B15/79, B16/12|