Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)

Name: HAGERTY, WILLIAM
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1839-41
Nature: New (barely) cruciform church on new site at Mullinacaw for Ecclesiastical Commissioners. Opened 4 apr 1841 and cons. 6 Aug 1841. Tower added 1915.
Refs: Copy drawing, s. & d. 'Wm. Hagerty, Londonderry, Feb 1839' in RCB Library, portfolio 3A; J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 244; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 288;  illus. in Clergy of Clogher (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2006), 153.
 

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1911
Nature: Restoration at cost of £1,500
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 244

Name: COURTNEY, - (MISS) *
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1911
Nature: Stained glass E window (Supper at Emmaus, Ascension, Risen Christ appears to Mary Magdalene) given by Mrs Caroline Henrietta Field.
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3304/ (last visited, Jan 2014).

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1915
Nature: Tower erected by Mrs C.H. Field in memory of Robert Johnston of Lisgoole Abbey. Cost £1050.
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 244

Name: O'BRIEN, CATHERINE *
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ROSSORY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: ?
Nature: 3-light 'Te Deum' window 'painted by Miss Nellie[sic] O'Brien at Miss Purser's works …one of the best specimens of stained glass in Ireland'.
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes(1929), 244 (attr. by Nicola Gordon Bowe, David Caron & Michael Wynne, Gazetteer of Irish Stained Glass (Irish Academic Press, 1988), 55, to A.E. Child and Catherine O'Brien)