Selected: CO. MAYO, CHARLESTOWN, CHURCH OF ST JAMES (RC)
|Name:||HADFIELD & GOLDIE #|
|Building:||CO. MAYO, CHARLESTOWN, CHURCH OF ST JAMES (RC)|
|Nature:||New church, 103 x 53 ft. FS laid 25 Jul 1856?. Dedicated 3 Nov 1858. Builder: William Doolin. Stained glass windows representing the Virgin, St Patrick, St Bridget and St Charles Borromeo. (Church attr. to Hadfield by Scott Richardson, who also names church as St James the Apostle)|
Information re FS from Marion Roddy, Charlestown Heritage Survey, in letter of 27 Jan 1997; B 16, 27 Mar 1858, 214; DB 2, 1 Sep 1860, 324; Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland, typescript copy of doctoral dissertation, Yale University, 1970, II, 487; Liam Swords, Achonry and its churches (Strasbourg: Éditions du Signe, 2007), 60(illus.).