Selected: CO. LIMERICK, CORBALLY, CHRIST CHURCH (CI)
|Building:||CO. LIMERICK, CORBALLY, CHRIST CHURCH (CI)|
|Nature:||Old mill used as temporary church, 1831 to Christmas Day 1843 when floor collapsed, precipitating
120 members of the congregation into basement below. Rebuilding started without delay. Old mill
entirely remodelled. Transepts, semicircular chancel and tower added. Cost £1100. (Nearly completed by Jun 1843, as also schoolhouse, schoolmaster’s Lodge and glebe house. Consecrated, 5 May 1847.
Leaflet soliciting contributions towards endowment, 26 Jun 1843; Rev. R.Wyse Jackson, Corbally and Mona Hincha (n.d., but probably between 1936 and 1938, when Jackson was curate in charge; unpaginated), exterior and interior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 397.