Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KERRY, CASTLEMAINE, CHURCH OF ST CARTHAGE (CI, KILTALLAGH PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. KERRY, CASTLEMAINE, CHURCH OF ST CARTHAGE (CI, KILTALLAGH PARISH)
Date: 1816
Nature: 'The church is a small plain edifice with a square tower, rebuilt in 1816, for which purpose the late board [of First Fruits] granted a loan of £600.' (Lewis)
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 211; exterior and interior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 390.
 

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. KERRY, CASTLEMAINE, CHURCH OF ST CARTHAGE (CI, KILTALLAGH PARISH)
Date: 1861-62
Nature: Proposed repewing to accommodate 108..
Refs: Ground plan, 6 May 1861 (approved by Bishop, 23 Aug 1862) and  ground plan showing existing arrangement, 28 Aug 1862, in Representative Church Body Library, see RCB Library - Architectural Drawings, https://archdrawing.ireland.anglican.org/items/show/234-236 (last visited, Feb 2017).