Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1815-18
Nature: New church in ruins of Priory of St John the Evangelist. Lease of site granted by corporation, 24 Apr 1815. Consecrated, 2 Aug 1818.
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Ossory Clergy and Parishes (1933), 351;  exterior illus. in Clergy of Ossory (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2013), 39.


Name: ECCLESIASTICAL COMMISSIONERS
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1861
Nature: Sundry works to be executed at same.
Refs: DB 3, 1 Aug 1861, 591