Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE, CHURCH (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1832
Nature: New church on site conveyed by Henry Amyas Bushe of Castlerichard, Co. Waterford, on 8 Oct 1830.  Consecrated, 27 Aug 1840. Cost: £400, of wh. £300 was raised by subscriptions, balance loaned by Board of First Fruits. (Described by Lewis as 'a neat modern edifice with a spire[sic], for the repairs of which the the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £114'.)
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 89;  J.B. Leslie, Ossory Clergy and Parishes (1933), 294; exterior illus. in Clergy of Ossory (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2013), 37.


Name: MAYER & CO. *#
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1893
Nature: 2-light window in S wall of nave (St James & St John the Evangelist).
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3014/ (last visited, Dec 2016).

Name: HEATON, BUTLER & BAYNE *#
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1903
Nature: E window (Christ blessing Children) and single light window in SE wall of apse (Angel bearing woman)
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3014/ (last visited, Dec 2016).

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE, CHURCH (CI)
Date: ?
Nature: Proposed addition of N robing room and blocking up of door on S side of chancel..
Refs: Signed, undated drawing in RCB Library, portfolio 24