||CO. MEATH, OLDCASTLE, CHURCH (CI)
||'The church is a plain substantial bulding, with a tower and spire, in very good repair; it was rebuilt by a loan of £1000 from the same board [of First Fruits] in 1816, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £284 for its repair: the spire was erected at the expense of J.L.W. Naper, Esq., of Loughcrew, lord of the manor.' (Lewis)
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837),II, 448; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 314.