Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, LARAGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WICKLOW, LARAGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1843-1867
Nature: New chapel of ease in Derralossary parish.  Subscriptions opened 1843. Dedicated, 19 Sep1867.
Refs: Exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 303;  St John's Church of Ireland, Laragh, http://www.glendalough.connect.ie/pages/communityv/stjohnchurch.htm (last visited, Oct 2016).

Name: MILLAR & SYMES
Building: CO. WICKLOW, LARAGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1902
Nature: Diary entry for 13 Jul 1903 ('Lara Church') may indicate that Millar was architect for extensive works at church, reopened Nov 1902.
Refs: Diary of R.C. Millar (entry for 13 Jul 1903) in collection of Mrs D. Millar,1976

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WICKLOW, LARAGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1902a
Nature: Extensive alterations including  new panelled oak ceiling and new E window. (New prayer desk and lectern also presented. )  Contractor: William Clarke. Church reopened Nov. 1902.
Refs: Wicklow Newsletter, 22 Nov 1902.