Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, KILBRIDE (ARKLOW), CHURCH OF ST BRIGID (CI, KILBRIDE ARKLOW PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WICKLOW, KILBRIDE (ARKLOW), CHURCH OF ST BRIGID (CI, KILBRIDE ARKLOW PARISH)
Date: 1834
Nature: 'The church, erected in 1834, at the expense of the Earl of Wicklow, is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower crowned with pinnacles..' (Lewis)  Consecrated Sept 1834.
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837),II, 55;  Clergy of Dublin and Glendalough (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2001), 293; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 299.  

Name: CLARKE, HARRY *
Building: CO. WICKLOW, KILBRIDE (ARKLOW), CHURCH OF ST BRIGID (CI, KILBRIDE ARKLOW PARISH)
Date: 1924
Nature: 3-light window (Resurrection) and abstract window over door in N transept
Refs: Nicola Gordon Bowe, David Caron & Michael Wynne, Gazetteer of Irish Stained Glass (Irish Academic Press, 1988), 79