||CO. KERRY, TEMPLENOE, CHURCH (CI)
||'The church, a small plain building, ituatiod about three quarters of a mile to the west of the ancient edifice, was erected in 1816 at an expense of £700, of which £100 was contributed by the late Mr Mahony, of Dromore, who also gave the site, and the remaining £600 was a gift from the late Board of First Fruits: it is fitted up with teak wood from the wreck of a vessel.'(Lewis) (Church closed circa 1987.)
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 611; exterior illus. in J.B Leslie, ed. D.W.T. Crooks. Clergy of Limerick - Clergy of Ardfert and Agahadoe: biographical succession lists (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2015), 172..