Selected: CO. KERRY, CASTLEGREGORY, CHURCH OF ST BRENDAN (CI, KILLINEY PARISH)
|Building:||CO. KERRY, CASTLEGREGORY, CHURCH OF ST BRENDAN (CI, KILLINEY PARISH)|
|Nature:||'The church is a small plain structure, for the rebuilding of which the late Board of First Fruits gabr £800 in 1812, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners lately granted £159 for its repair.' (Lewis) According to Leslie it was built beside ruins of old church. (Restored, 1961, and dedicated to St Brendan.)
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 138; James B. Leslie, Ardfert & Aghadoe Clergy and Parishes (1940), 127; illus. in J.B Leslie, ed. D.W.T. Crooks. Clergy of Limerick - Clergy of Ardfert and Agahadoe: biographical succession lists (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2015), 160; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 391.