Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, GLASNEVIN, CHURCH OF ST MOBHI (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, GLASNEVIN, CHURCH OF ST MOBHI (CI)
Date: 1707
Nature: New church, consecrated by Archbishop King in 1707;  plain quadrangular building, 60 x31 ft, attached at W end to tower of earlier date. 'The church is a small structure, rebuilt in 1707, with the exception of the tower, which is overspread with ivy;  the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £207 for its repair;  in the churchyard is a memorial tablet to the memory of Dr Delany.'(Lewis)
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), 297;  Robert Walsh, Fingal and its churches (Dublin, 1888), 222-3;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 297.


Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, GLASNEVIN, CHURCH OF ST MOBHI (CI)
Date: 1897
Nature: New chancel and organ chamber opened 21 Nov 1897. 'The completion of the chancel, &c., carries out only one part of the work contemplated in the architect's plans.Early next year it is hoped to add still further to the sitting accommodation by breaking an archway in the west wall so as to take in and utilize the present tower porch. A porch must ten be built on the south side of the tower.'
Refs: Irish Times, 15 Nov 1897.

Name: MITCHELL, W. M., & SONS
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, GLASNEVIN, CHURCH OF ST MOBHI (CI)
Date: 1908
Nature: Enlargement, for Select Vestry. Contractor: B. Pemberton & Son, Serpentine Ave.
Refs: Drawings &c. in IAA, McCurdy & Mitchell Collection, 79/17, Bin V, Roll 6; IB 50, 13 Jun,25 Jul 1908, 378,465