Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. SLIGO, KILMACSHALGAN, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. SLIGO, KILMACSHALGAN, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)
Date: 1820
Nature: 'The church is a neat edifice with a square tower, for the erection of which the late Board [of First Fruits] lent £1300, in 1820.'
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II 167 ;  illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 272.

Name: SKIPTON, JOHN GERVAIS
Building: CO. SLIGO, KILMACSHALGAN, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)
Date: 1896
Nature: Renovation including new chancel, pews, pulpit.  New reading desk and lectern presented by Captain Hillas. Reopened 29 Oct 1896 by Bishop of Tuam. Contractor: T. Merrick, Sligo.
Refs: Irish Times, 13 Nov 1896; IB 38, 15 Nov 1896, 236.