Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WATERFORD, DUNMORE EAST, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI, KILLEA PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WATERFORD, DUNMORE EAST, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI, KILLEA PARISH)
Date: 1858
Nature: Addition roofed in, but church not expected to be fit for service before Oct. 
Refs:  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 1, no. 29 (Aug 1858), 585.

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. WATERFORD, DUNMORE EAST, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI, KILLEA PARISH)
Date: 1876-1881
Nature: 'We are glad to learn that an effort is about to be made to still further improve the parish church, already noted for its new transept and very beautiful chancel.  It is now proposed to add a new tower and spire under the skilful direction of the diocesan architect, J.F. Fuller, Esq.' (Old tower and spire condemned after storm damage previous year.) Grant of £500 from Bishop Gore's Fund awarded for new tower and spire, 1880; work on same commenced in summer of 1880. Top stone of spire laid and weather vane with large copper fish erected, 22 Jun[sic, but presumably Apr] 1881. Renovation and rebulding of tower 'nearly complete' in Aug 1881.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, no. 203, 25 Apr 1876, 121; 19, no. 213, 1 Jan 1877, 16; 20, no. 227, 1 Feb 1878, 49; 22, no. 14, 12 Jun 1880, 464; no. 26. 26 Jun 1880, 499; 23, no. 67, 9 Apr 1881, 251; no. 84, 6 Aug 1881, 546.

Name: FOGERTY, ROBERT
Building: CO. WATERFORD, DUNMORE EAST, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI, KILLEA PARISH)
Date: 1901
Nature: Restoration & rebuilding of roof. Reopened Summer 1901 after being closed for four months. Builder: G. Nolan, Waterford.
Refs: IB 43, 29 Aug 1901, 845

Name: WELLAND, JOSEPH
Building: CO. WATERFORD, DUNMORE EAST, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI, KILLEA PARISH)
Date: ?
Nature: Proposed enlargement by addition of transept.
Refs: Signed alternative designs for addition of transept to N or to S in RCB Library, portfolio 27