Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, NEWRY, TREVOR HILL, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. DOWN, NEWRY, TREVOR HILL, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)
Date: 1866
Nature: Adds (new vestry, new flagged floor, new sittings. Expense met by Ecclesiastical Commissioners and trustees of Earl of Kilmorey. Church reopened 25? Nov 1866.
Refs: Design for new robing room, s. & d. 1866, iin RCB Library, portfolio 12; DB 8, 1 Dec 1866, 288

Name: BARRE, WILLIAM JOSEPH
Building: CO. DOWN, NEWRY, TREVOR HILL, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)
Date: 1867
Nature: Tomb of WJB, designed by himself for his father and erected by his widowed mother.
Refs: Durham Dunlop (ed.), A Memoir of the professional life of William J. Barre, Esq. member of the Royal Insitute of Architects Ireland: with photographic illustrations selected from his works (Belfast: James Magill, 1868), Pl.26; Paul Larmour, 'The eclectic style of W.J.Barre', Perspective, Mar-Apr 1984, 64

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, NEWRY, TREVOR HILL, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)
Date: 1869
Nature: New roof and addition of transepts.
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 227.

Name: DREW, THOMAS (SIR)
Building: CO. DOWN, NEWRY, TREVOR HILL, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)
Date: 1885-86
Nature: Addition of chancel and repewing.
Refs: IB 27, ? ? 1885, 312; Clergy of Down & Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 228