Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)
Date: 1840p
Nature: New church with 4-bay nave and tower. FS laid, 20 Aug 1840, by Viscount Newry & Mourne, who had given site and was largely responsible for bulding church.
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 200(illus.);  exterior also illus in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 196.

Name: SMYTH, HENRY
Building: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)
Date: 1866
Nature: HS reports on condition of church.
Refs: Copy of report in PRONI, CR1/12/D/1 (see PRONI e-catalogue).

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)
Date: 1867
Nature: Addition of vestry and replacement of pews.
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 200.

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)
Date: 1883
Nature: Addition of chancel as memorial to Countess Kilmorey (wife of 2nd Earl).
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 200.

Name: GIBBS, ALEXANDER, & CO. *#
Building: CO. DOWN, ANNALONG, CHURCH (CI, KILHORNE PARISH)
Date: ?
Nature: Stained glass in memory of Viscount Newry & Mourne by 'Gibbs of London' (Probably Alexander Gibbs, but possibly Charles Gibbs).
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 300.