Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, ARDQUIN, CHURCH (CI, KNOWN AS THE ABBACY)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, ARDQUIN, CHURCH (CI, KNOWN AS THE ABBACY)
Date: 1825-1827
Nature: New church with 3-bay nave and square tower.   Foundation stone laid in May 1825;  consecrated 19 Jan 1827.
Refs: Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 34(illus.).

Name: KIRWIN, SAMUEL
Building: CO. DOWN, ARDQUIN, CHURCH (CI, KNOWN AS THE ABBACY)
Date: 1867
Nature: Proposed new robing room.
Refs: Drawing signed by Samuel Kirwin in RCB Library, portfolio 11.