Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, FRANKFIELD (DOUGLAS), RECTORY

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. CORK, FRANKFIELD (DOUGLAS), RECTORY
Date: 1838
Nature: Samuel Lane, Esq., of Frankfield, who paid for erection and endowment of Frankfield church, opened Jul 1838,  'with a munificence which has but few parallels in the present day, is also engaged in erecting a Parsonage in the Elizabethan style for the use of the Curate' (Limerick Chronicle, quoted in Cork Constitution).
Refs: Cork Constitution, 3 Jul 1838 (information from Roger Herlihy, Cork, Sep 2011).