Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DERRY, LIMAVADY, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (1ST)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DERRY, LIMAVADY, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (1ST)
Date: 1856-57
Nature: New Tudoresque  church in basalt and sandstone built at right angles to old one, which was demolished except for one aisle which was used as a stable. Cost: £1,200; 'apparently this is an adaptation of Charles Lanyon's design for the Church Accommodation Society at Hollymount, Co. Down, and at Carrick Rocks' (Rowan).
Refs: Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 351;  Julia E. Mullin, The Presbytery of Limavady (Limavady: North-West Books, 1989), 118(illus.),122;  illus. in Laurence Kirkpatrick, Presbyterians in Ireland: an illustrated history (Booklink, 2006), 261.