Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, GLENDALOUGH, CHURCH OF ST KEVIN (RC)

Name: MCCARTHY, JAMES JOSEPH
Building: CO. WICKLOW, GLENDALOUGH, CHURCH OF ST KEVIN (RC)
Date: 1846-51
Nature: New church in First Pointed Gothic style. For Rev. Eugene Clarke, PP.Granite with limestone dressings. FS laid 3(or 2 or 10?) Jun 1846. Complete apart from floor, 1849. Consecrated 3 Jun 1851. Statue in S gable by James Cahill of Dublin School of Design.
Refs: Clonliffe College Archive, MS p1/2; Catholic Directory (1849), 356; (1850), 300(illus.); Catholic Registry (1853), 275; B 9, 28 Jun 1851, 409; Jeanne Sheehy, J.J. McCarthy and the Gothic Revival in Ireland (UAHS, 1977), 4(illus.),7,35.

Name: CAHILL, JAMES [1]*
Building: CO. WICKLOW, GLENDALOUGH, CHURCH OF ST KEVIN (RC)
Date: 1851a
Nature: Statue in S gable by JC of Dublin School of Design.
Refs: B 9, 28 Jun 1851, 409.