Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WESTMEATH, FARRAGH, CHARTER SCHOOL

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WESTMEATH, FARRAGH, CHARTER SCHOOL
Date: 1758
Nature: New school for 60 boys, opened 1758. Built with bequest from Rev. William Wilson, nephew & heir of Andrew Wilson, benefactor of Wilson's Hospital.
Refs: John Angell, A General history of Ireland  (1781), 80;  Nicholas Carlisle, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1810), ?;  Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 426.