Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. SLIGO, SLIGO, MALL, CHURCH (CI, CALRY PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. SLIGO, SLIGO, MALL, CHURCH (CI, CALRY PARISH)
Date: 1821-23
Nature: New church built as chapel-of-ease to St John's parish.  Decision to build same made by Owen Wynne and other churchwardens, 1821. Stone quarried on site. Opened 1823. Consecrated 1824. Cost: £3000 (but Costegalde & Walker give cost as £5,246).Tower and spire added later.
Refs: Charles Tyndall, St John the Baptist, Sligo, ?;  William Gregory Wood Martin, History of Sligo, county and town, from the earliest ages to the close of the reign of Queen Elizabeth (to the present time) (Dublin, 1882-92), 318; Terence O'Rorke, History of Sligo (1889),318; Tadhg Kilgannon, Sligo and its surroundings (Sligo, 1926), 137;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 248 (illus.).

Name: LANGRISHE, RICHARD
Building: CO. SLIGO, SLIGO, MALL, CHURCH (CI, CALRY PARISH)
Date: 1884-1885
Nature: New E window probably attributable to RL. (Other improvements and changes made at this time, see Tadhg Kilgannon, Sligo and its surroundings (Sligo, 1926), 137.) 
Refs: Typescript biography of Richard Langrishe by Hugh R. Langrishe (2007), 20.