Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. SLIGO, BALLINAFAD, CHURCH (RC)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. SLIGO, BALLINAFAD, CHURCH (RC)
Date: 1870c
Nature: Built between 1860 and 1876 during incumbency of Fr. Quinn to replace thatched chapel of 1760. 5-bay hall with paired lancet windows. Cost: £1600.
Refs: Terence O'Rorke, History of Sligo (1889), II, 316; illus. in http://www.westirelandholidays.com/sligo/gallery1.htm (2008).