Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. MEATH, OLDBRIDGE, BOYNE OBELISK

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. MEATH, OLDBRIDGE, BOYNE OBELISK
Date: 1736
Nature: Erected 'by the grateful contributions of several protestants of Great Britain and Ireland' to commemorate the crossing of the river by the forces of William III, 1 July 1690 prior to his defeat of the army of James II at the Battle of the Boyne. FS laid by Duke of Dorset, 1736. (Destroyed, 1922. Only base remains)
Refs: Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 446

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. MEATH, OLDBRIDGE, BOYNE OBELISK
Date: 1895
Nature: Repointing and restoration by 'Mr Faulkiner, electrician of Manchester' superintended by 'Mr Fuller' after obelisk had developed serious cracks on having been struck by lightning.
Refs: JRSAI 25 (1895), 180-181