Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WEXFORD, TAGOAT, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)

Name: PUGIN, AUGUSTUS WELBY NORTHMORE #
Building: CO. WEXFORD, TAGOAT, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)
Date: 1843-1848
Nature: New cruciform church, for Rev. Walter Rowe; 'in hand' by 1845; opened 1846 (Stanton); first mass celebrated 18 Jun 1848 (O'Donnell).
Refs: Phoebe Stanton, Pugin (1971), 205; R. O'Donnell, 'The Pugins in Ireland' in P.Atterbury, ed., A.W.N. Pugin, Master of Gothic Revival (Yale, 1995), 142(illus.),145;  Churches of the Diocese of Ferns (Booklink, 2004), 131(illus.).

Name: EARLEY & CO. *
Building: CO. WEXFORD, TAGOAT, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)
Date: 1885
Nature: Design for high altar.
Refs: Among designs by the company sold at auction by Whyte's of Molesworth Street, Dublin, on 5 April 2008 (Lot 96)