Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. LAOIS, ARLESS, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)

Name: EARLEY & POWELLS *
Building: CO. LAOIS, ARLESS, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)
Date: 1865-68
Nature: Altars, stained glass windows, communion rail &c, gift of Mrs Grace of Gracefield, supplied by E & P.
Refs: DB 10, 1 Jun 1868, 143

Name: PUGIN & ASHLIN
Building: CO. LAOIS, ARLESS, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)
Date: 1865-68
Nature: Dedicated 24 May 1868 by Dr Walsh, Bishop of Kildare. Contractor: James Scanlon. Cost: £3,500.
Refs: Drawing of details of benches in IAA, Ashlin & Coleman Collection, 76/1.172; DB 7, 15 Dec 1865, 292(illus.); IB 10, 1 Jun 1868, 143; Frederick O'Dwyer, 'A Victorian Partnership - the architecture of Pugin & Ashlin', in J. Graby, ed.,150 Years of Architecture in Ireland: the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland 1839-1989, (RIAI, 1989), 59;  John McEvoy, ed., The Churches of Kildare and Leighlin 2000 AD (Strasbourg: Editions du Signe, 2000), 16(illus.).