Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. LOUTH, DRUMCAR, CHURCH OF ST FINTAN (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. LOUTH, DRUMCAR, CHURCH OF ST FINTAN (CI)
Date: 1845
Nature: New church on model of church at Littlemore, Oxford, for John Mcclintock. Consecrated 15 May (or Jun?) 1845 by Bishop of Meath. (Littlemore church was designed for John Henry Newman by H.J. Underwood, Bath, who published design in 1840, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littlemore , last visited Oct 2012.)
Refs: Christian Examiner, new series, no. 24, 1 Jun 1845, 433;   401.J.B. Leslie, Armagh Clergy & Parishes (1911), ?; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 249

Name: SLATER & CARPENTER #
Building: CO. LOUTH, DRUMCAR, CHURCH OF ST FINTAN (CI)
Date: 1868
Nature: Addition of chancel and octagonal McClintock Mausoleum.
Refs: Designs, signed and dated Apr 1868, in RCB Library, portfolio 2B; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 249-50