||'The church, a spacious and handsome edifice with a lofty embattled tower, was built entirely of hewn marble in 1832, at an expense of £1500, of which £800 was a loan from the late Board of First Fruits, and the remainder a gift from J. Waller, Esq., who also undertook to repay the loan' (Lewis). Attr. to James & G.R. Pain by Scott Richardson.
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 72; Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland (1983), 105-107, 205; illus. in Adrian Hewson, ed., Inspiring Stones: a history of the Church of Ireland Dioceses of Limerick, Ardfert, Aghadoe, Killaloe, Kilfenora, Clonfert, Kilmacduagh & Emly (1995), 154.