Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. LIMERICK, BRUFF, CHURCH (RC)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. LIMERICK, BRUFF, CHURCH (RC)
Date: 1833
Nature: '…a handsome building in the early English style, erected in 1833; the interior is well arranged, and the altar, of scagliola marble, is embellished with a very beautiful painting of the three Marys, by J. Haverty, Esq., a native artis' (Lewis). Completed by Dean MacNamara, PP.
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), 227; M. Lenihan, Limerick; its history and antiquities (1866), 723