Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. FERMANAGH, DERRYLIN, CHURCH (CI, KINAWLEY PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, DERRYLIN, CHURCH (CI, KINAWLEY PARISH)
Date: 1823
Nature: '…a neat structure built of cut stone quarried in the neighbourhood…the church has a lofty tower with pinnacles and is finished in a chaste stile of architecture. It is capable of holding from 3 to 400 people and was erected about the latter end of 1823 at the expense of the Board of First Fruits' (Lewis)  Replaced earlier church at Callowhill.
Refs: Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds.Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 4: Parishes of Co. Fermanagh 1834-5 (1990), 115; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 226;  exterior illus. in Clergy of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2008), 97, andClaude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 245.

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, DERRYLIN, CHURCH (CI, KINAWLEY PARISH)
Date: 1860-61;1867
Nature: Enlargement by addition of N aisle, 1860-61, and gallery, 1867. Contractor for gallery: James Ennis.
Refs: Drawing(s), signed and dated 22 Sep 1860, 16 Aug 1861, Dec 1861 and 28 Oct 1867, also letter from incumbent's son, 1860, in RCB Library, portfolio 20; DB 3, 1 Sep, Oct 1861, 620,649; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 226