Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. FERMANAGH, CASTLE ARCHDALE, CHURCH (CI, OLD, ALIAS CHAPEL OF THE MULLIES)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, CASTLE ARCHDALE, CHURCH (CI, OLD, ALIAS CHAPEL OF THE MULLIES)
Date: 1839-1840
Nature: New church (perpetual curacy) built and endowed by General Mervyn Archdale in 1839-40. Consecrated by Bishop of Clogher 10 Jul 1840. Nave demolished when new church of 1900-1908 built, but tower preserved.
Refs: Connaught Journal, 23 Jul 1840; J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 130; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 170;  Richard W. Chambers, St Patrick's Church, Castle Archdale: a centenary celebration (2008), 42-44.